Find out what’s in the Health and Dental Plan module of the Benefits and Private Healthcare Associate (BPHA) CE credit program. In addition to trends, this module will address other influences on benefit design include changing demographics, remote work, plan design, pooling, underwriting, and technology.
- Did you know that since 2020 there has been a significant shift in workplace demographics? Baby Boomers accounted for 42% of the workforce in 2020, but only 25% in 2023. GenX and Millenials accounted for 41% of the workforce in 2020, but 68% in 2023! It should come as no surprise that plan members are demanding more about flexibility, greater work life balance, and prioritizing mental health with this demographic shift.
- Drug trends capture our attention, but what about dental trends? Provincial dental fee guide changes have seen some of the highest year over year increases from 2022 to 2023 in Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland. What does that mean for the future of dental care benefits?
- Most new drug therapies are in the specialty drug space, and most of these are in cancer, inflammatory and ophthalmic conditions.
- What to watch?
- Look for further communication from the Patented Medicines Pricing Review Board (PMPRB) on comparator countries for setting drug prices
- More details on the roll out of the Drugs for Rare Disease (DRD) strategy from the federal government, and
- More dialogue on changes to the current prior authorization process and modernization of vision care benefits.
When you take the online, on demand BPHA program you will receive an up to date, real world understanding of employee benefits and today’s issues, including the basics all advisors, plan sponsors in human resources, and insurers should know.
You can choose to take the full program, or split it in two and take the basics or advanced portion. This program is delivered by industry experts, and it will provide you with valuable information and insights that will improve your knowledge of group benefits trends, practices and other stakeholders.
Find out more: www.connexhc.com/bpha.
All session are pre-recorded – take the program at your own pace!
Questions? Contact email@example.com.